Wilmington, DE Dentist
Spring is upon us and so is Oral Cancer Awareness Month. At Karen C. Conlin, D.D.S. of Wilmington, DE, we emphasize the importance of keeping your regular dental appointments. As a part of each comprehensive exam, Dr. Conlin conducts an oral cancer screening to allow for early detection and treatment of any problem areas.
The following will help to decrease your odds:
- Brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily
- Do not smoke or chew tobacco
- Try to limit your exposure to the sun
- Eat a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables
- Visit our office at least twice per year
One out of 43,250 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year. By raising awareness, we hope to increase survival rates and successful treatment through early detection.
We provide comprehensive, high-quality dental care including oral cancer screenings. We will make sure to understand your concerns and answer your questions, as well as take the time to fully screen for any oral health issues.
We encourage you to take control of your health and contact our Wilmington dentist if you have any questions or to schedule your next exam.
Stay healthy this spring!
Did you know that 40% of children have tooth decay by the time they are in kindergarten? Read about how to maintain and achieve a healthy smile. If you would like to schedule an appointment with our Wilmington dentist, contact us at our Wilmington dental office.
Here are some interesting facts about your amazing teeth:
- Enamel is the hardest substance in the body, according to Dr. Leslie Seldin, a spokeswoman for the American Dental Association.
- A quarter of all of the adults in the United States have lost all of their teeth due to improper at home and professional care.
- Teeth are already forming before birth.
- The term “wisdom teeth” was given because these teeth come in later in life.
- Saliva is produced in our mouth in order to assist in breaking down food. It also helps to prevent tooth decay.
- In regards to diseases, tooth decay is the second most common after the everyday cold.
- When the general public goes to the store to buy a toothbrush, they prefer the color blue over red.
- During the middle ages, it was custom to kiss a donkey when a person had a toothache.
- A person only buys 18 yards of dental floss per year when reality, it should be 122 yards.
- It is important to visit your dentist at least twice a year to maintain healthy teeth.
Enjoy these fun dental facts. We hope to see you soon at our Wilmington dentist.